How do you know whether your next new hire will MESS or MESH with your existing team members?
Asking job applicants good quality questions gets you good quality answers
15 job applicant questions to ask
In this episode you’ll discover 15 questions veterinary clinics can ask job applicants to help them determine whether the new-hire will mess or mesh with your veterinary clinic team.
Determining and hopefully, matching clinic values, is imperative if you want your next new hire to mesh with your existing team.
The alternative is to hire someone who messes with your team – usually because of a total mis-match in values and integrity.
Here are the 15 questions – listen to the podcast to discover how to position each question and what answers you’re listening for.
- Tell me something about yourself that others may be surprised to know about you.
- If there was something in your past you were able to go back and do differently, what would that be and why?
- Ask them to tell you about a time they had a difficult working relationship with a colleague. Ask them about the challenge and the ultimate outcome?
- What war stories do you have about that skill?
- What failures have you had around that skill?
- Tell you about their biggest success story relating to that skill.
- What is your ideal position and why?
- What are two of the most satisfying accomplishments in your career? Tell me about each of them.
- What is a development area you’ve had to overcome, or are currently working on improving, in your career?
- Tell me about your favourite and least favourite manager or supervisor – what was it about their management style you liked or didn’t like?
- How did you end up in your current role?
- What challenges do you see impacting the industry and how do you think these can be overcome?
- What do you know about this clinic?
- What interests you most about this position?
- What questions do you have for me?