In today’s episode we’re going to cover:
- The Covid 19 Short-Term Absence Payment subsidy – this affects employees and self-employed contractors
- The Covid-19 Leave Support Subsidy, and
- How to get the paperwork so that you or your team can cross borders
This episode is helpful for:
- self-employed locum contractors,
- HR & Practice Managers and
- clinic owners.
On the financial side of things, this episode is
especially helpful if
- you’re wondering how you’re going to afford to cover an employee’s wage if they’re awaiting Covid-19 test results and are at home isolating, or
- if you’re the employee worrying about whether you can financially afford to be at home awaiting test results.
And if you’re part of a clinic – or you’re a locum – who needs to travel across Covid-19 imposed alert level borders to work, then this is also for you.
Short-Term Absence Payment
The Short-Term Absence Payment is available from last Monday – as at recording this episode – Monday 9th February 2021.
It’s to help businesses keep paying eligible workers who:
- cannot work from home, and
- who need to miss work to stay home while waiting for a COVID-19 test result (in line with public health guidance).
It’s a one-off payment of $350 for each eligible worker. You can only apply for it once, for each eligible worker, in any 30-day period (unless a health official or doctor tells the worker to get another test).
For more information:
Leave Support Scheme
The official online place to check out this information is at:
Travel Documentation during regional lockdowns
The official online place to check this information out is at: